Invitation to the Lord’s Supper
We care about the spiritual welfare of all who commune with us at our Lord’s Table (1 Cor 11:17-34, 10:1-22; Acts 20:28; Heb 13:17). If you are a guest and desire to commune with us, please speak with Pastor Viggers prior to the service. According to the Scriptures we practice closed communion. That means our altar is OPEN to those who:
- have met with our pastor;
- trust in Jesus Christ for their salvation;
- are Baptized;
- trust Christ’s Word that His very Body and Blood are truly distributed in this Sacrament for the forgiveness of sins;
- are repentant sinners who do not withhold forgiveness from a brother or sister, nor have any ill will towards them, nor have any unresolved disputes with them;
- confess unity & concord with us in doctrine and are members of our congregation or a sister congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LC-MS) or The American Assoc. of Luth. Churches (The AALC);
- respectfully refrain from communing with those who do not confess unity & concord with us in doctrine;
- are not under church discipline at this or another congregation.
As it is written, “Be of one mind with one another, according to Christ Jesus, that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” (Rom. 15:5-6, cf. Ephesians 4:1-7).